What are Bishopsgate doing?
I have had first hand experience working for the FA during Euro 96. We planned and we planned and planned some more and at the time of the tournament everyone left London! The roads were mainly empty. But I particularly remember the evening of the semi final against Germany. We had to travel from the Grosvenor Hotel in Park Lane to Wembley and it took hours. Everyone had left work early to get back to their TV’s in time for the evening kick off and the traffic jams were everywhere.
The Olympics 2012 will be a different animal. 9m tickets sold and 9m people expected in the capital to soak up the atmosphere. Every day in the 2 week period will be a ‘semi final’. While it is expected that traffic levels will drop by 20-30% during the games period; the closure of some of the main roads will undoubtedly restrict the ‘normal’ traffic flows and the ability to access some buildings in the affected areas and on event days will be very difficult.
Our plans are constantly changing as we gather more information but we will be working on the following initiatives…
- Adopting a flexible approach with our clients to organize deliveries into the affected areas.
- The establishment of a secure warehouse able to receive deliveries ‘out of hours’ from companies in the most affected areas for re-delivery at agreed times
- Training and briefing our Customer Service’s Team to give the very best advice for clients during the Olympics period
- Briefing our TENESO European SE colleagues by acting as a gateway for information, as and when required
- Providing Online information and updating this site as we receive it from our sources throughout the Olympic Games period
- Enhanced service levels at night when there are no planned road closures for those companies who have adopted flexible working hours
- Additional storage space will be available at Park Royal and Royal Wootton Bassett for clients use
- Bishopsgate will make additional calls ahead to establish as far as possible if any scheduled delivery is in an affected area and therefore potentially be affected.
- Bishopsgate have ensured additional resources are available in the London area in case relief “out of hours” deliveries are required.
- Bishopsgate will, if needed, call on the extensive resources of large trucks from Ward Thomas Removals Ltd and small vans from Aussie Man and Van. Both these organisations are part of our group.
- Should Bishopsgate discover any delivery which is not possible prior to or on the day of delivery then this will be communicated immediately to all relevant parties and alternative arrangements made.
- Specialist and tailored services will be available on demand as normal through the period.